Sony STR-DB895D

Chris 3107

Novice Member
Hi
Just bought a used Sony STR -DB895D on eBay to use in garage /man cave. There is a label on the front which states 135wx7 per channel I presume. I looked on the rear of the unit and it states...
Caution
Front A or B/Centre/surround/surround back
Use 8 ohms other higher speakers
Front A + B
Use 16 ohms or higher speakers.
This doesn't come with the proper manual only a quick set up guide which is not what the listing on eBay stated. I can probably download one off the Sony site though.
I'm a little confused as some other spec listings on various hifi sites on line for this model says that it's 8 ohms front and rear. I was going to wire it up to some Old Wharfedale Laser 40 which still sound brilliant attached to my old Sony micro system which is now not working hence my buying this unit. The main spec off the back of the Wharfedales states :
Nominal impedance 6 ohms
Power handling (continuous) 45 Watts
Power handling (programme) 65 Watts
Frequency range 58Hz to 22Hz
My main concern is that if I wire these up to my old Wharfedales it will blow them. If I cannot wire them up to the front channel can I wire the Wharfdales to the rear channels but concerned that 6 ohms will be still too low even for the rears. I guess that I will have to purchase some more speakers for the fronts can anyone recommend what spec I will Need please.
Any help or advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated.
Chris.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom