1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony str-db790 - Is it money well spent?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by realslimcookie, Oct 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    :spam: Hello everyone,
    I am looking for a 6.1 av receiver and somebody has suggested the SONY str-db790 to me and having looked at it in the Sony shop at lunch i must say it looks good and seems to have everything that a budget av receiver should be able to deliver. Does anybody else own this and what are your thoughts? what are the equivalents at £250 - £300 bracket. Cheers.

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,222
    The obvious unit to mention is the better specced and very new Sony STRDB795 at £300 that can be used as a 7 channel amp if you want and has a better spec.

3. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,233
    I have recently purchased a pioneer vsx d814 for use in a second system and find the receiver to be an excellent buy really good for movies and tv.Its a 6.1 amp with 100 watts per channel has DPL 11x and looks good too, all for £239 from Superfi.In fact Witters has just sold one of these for £165 only yesterday on this very forum.