1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STR-DB790,795-the end of the BUZZ!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by univox, Jan 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. univox

univox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For all the owners of SONY STR-DB790 and 795 would be a good news, that SONY have claryfied the problem with the Buzz.I had a conversation with a guy, which is responsible for the audio products in SONY-Bulgaria representation, and he told me,that the problem is discovered-wrong mounted capacitors, and there is service documentation for it. Everyone,who experienced this problem could contact the nearest SONY authorized service department and ask.Good luck!

2. ledgie

ledgie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I phoned Sony about this problem with my 795 and they said they had nothing noted against this model having any problems.

I've since sent it back and I'm currently in despute with the retailer. They say they can't find a fault and wont refund me.

I'm not happy because I really wanted this model and as soon as I switched it on I could hear the buzzing. Even when it dies down through the speakers a buzz can still be heard with the headphones.... anyone else notice this??

3. Supersonic

Supersonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Ledgie, I took mine back to the Sony Centre in Guildford and they acknowledged there was a buzzing noise and offered me another one or a refund, so I got my money back as I'd read this was a common problem.

Re. your dispute, I would suggest you check out the Trading Standards pages on the web - this unit is sold as 'high-end' equipment, which it clearly is, and it should perform as expected, i.e. be fit for purpose. If the buzzing on yours is anything like mine was, it's clearly not a 'design feature' and is clearly not fit for purpose.

Check out this link:
    http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk

And click For Consumers, Advice, Buying Goods - your rights [click on "View"]

Hope this helps.