Sony STR DB1080

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mepsipax, Mar 28, 2004.

1. mepsipax

mepsipax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

Posted previously about connecting my Audigy2 soundcard to my Sony 1080 receiver.

I established I needed to purchase some digital coax cable, and a 3.5mm adapter (Maplins).

The adapter is connected to one end of the cable, then into the digital out of the Audigy soundcard.

Problem is I have no idea where the other end goes into at the Receiver end.

I did read on here to plug it into the coaxial input of the receiver, trouble is the only one I can see - DVD/LD Coaxial in, is already being used for my DVD player.

Help appreciated!
    Mepsipax

2. mepsipax

mepsipax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your Sony only has a single co-axial digital input. That is where you need to connect your signal from the PC.

Does your DVD player have an optical output? If it has you could use that & free the co-axial input.

AFAIK you can get an adapter to change a digital signal from co-axial to optical. Your amp has 3 or 4 optical inputs.

:smoke:

4. mepsipax

mepsipax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi
    I have a Toshiba 330e DVD player, which does have an optical output.

For the time being I am going to try the co-axial input for the Audigy2 connection, and revert to using the standard RCA phono cable to connect my DVD player.

Will definitely look into your suggestion of purchasing a co-axial to optical adapter, for a permanent solution.

Thanks for your help!
    Mepsipax