1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STR-DB1080 in stock??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rcladin, Mar 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. rcladin

rcladin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Has anyone any information on where I might be able to get a Sony STR-DB1080 from an online company, Have tried a few and all out of stock at the moment, empire direct and hi-fi junkies outta stock, anybody purchased one recently??

Thanks for any help

-r

2. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. MrH

MrH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  4. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    RCLadin

I just got one in silver from Peats of Parnell street in Dublin. My delivery took 5 days because I ordered some Mission M74's and a few other bits and pieces that the didn't have in stock. The one thing they did have in stock when I ordered was the 1080! I hadn't even considered Peats because I have found them a bit more expensive then who I usually buy from(Richer Sounds-Dublin@€829) but RS didn't have any and they told me it could be months before they got any more in. Turns out Peats were doing them €130 cheaper@€699 (Stg£472). I know thats still a fair few quid more than the UK retailers but this is Rip-off Ireland after all. I guess it depends on what they are going for in the North and how badly/quickly you want it.

Heres a direct link-Here

5. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Qed-UK have stock of both Black and Silver Sony 1080.

Scott

6. rcladin

rcladin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Thanks for the help guys,

i'm sure I'll get it from one of the above mentioned sites, just waiting on some replys.

Thanks Keith, will give Peats a miss, because they are robbing b*****ds, but mainly because of the weaker sterling recently, want to use english pounds at the moment as the euro is relatively strong at the moment.

Parnell street eh, its a real dump around there now! especially dominick street and the ILAC is a real kip.

-r

7. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Thats why I got the stuff delivered rather than drive in to collect it myself. No way I was walking to the car with €1400 worth of gear!!:D :D