1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony str db1070

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jonna, Mar 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. jonna

jonna
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Just bought my sony amp last week to replace my older 'yamaha dsp a5', really pleased with it but - my yam had a dsp mode that allowed you to listen to music from all speakers and it sounded brill' , the sony has the same-ish kind of feature but it sounds terrible even though i've tried to adjust the settings . Any help on how to achieve '5 channel stereo' affect that sounds not to echoeeeeee .
    Cheers

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Tbh i would listen through the two fronts only.There are some dsp modes but they in no way enhance the experience.Sorry.

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digital Sound Processing is mainly used to enhance soundtracks for video or TV, not 2 channel music. All you are doing is taking the 2 channels and trying to extract something that isn't there, causing a naff sound. I have never heard a DSP effect that sounded good on music but if your Yammy did then it was a one off.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    All of the DSp's on the 1070 are fully configurable so you you should be able to adjust any of them to receive the effect that you want.