1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STR-DB1070

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by guyb, Aug 10, 2001.

Tags:
  1. guyb

guyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Does anyone have this amp. Is it good? I am thinking of getting it. Does it have DTS ES Discrete 6.1? What is the 6.1 performance like? What speakers are you usng it with? Please let me know what you think.

2. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I waited for this receiver for 3 months after paying for it before it landed.<br />So I may be a little biased, but this reciever is excellent !<br />I bought it primarily for Home Cinema but I must admit that it is so good for music (to my ears) I have listened to more music since I got it.

I have only got a set of Aiwa midi system speakers and one good Sony center, but the performance from the 1070 is great.

The 6.1 works great in Sony DCS sound format. I prefer it to the standard DD5.1 or dts5.1.<br />It provides a fair bit more back room action compared to the STRDE345 I had before.

BTW the on screen dislpay is great to !<br />Hope this is some help to you.

3. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry - also it is not DTS ES discrete - it is just a 7th channel for Sony DCS (I beleive).

4. comeclickbuy

comeclickbuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with the aboce totally i have the 1070 and the following mission speakers:

M73 (fronts)<br />M72 (Rears)<br />M7c1 Centre<br />And a Kef PSW1000 Sub and it sound fantastic my next purchase is the Mission Back Centre Speakers to get the full effect of 6.1 but with what i got it really is great for music as well as DVD's i have put it with the Sony DVP S7700 DVD player and they work fantastic as a pair loads of features and at £460 from <a href="http://www.hifijunkies.co.uk" target="_blank">www.hifijunkies.co.uk</a> its a Steal beleive me.