• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony STR DB-925 Receiver - What Bit Rate Does It Support?

space--coyote

Established Member
Just had to replace my DVD player and I've plumped for a Panasonic DVD-s49, PAL progressive player.

Going through the initial set up the DVD player asked me a question about what bit rate my receiver supports for audio, giving the options 48, 96 and 192 (from memory).

My STR DB-925 manual is currently unavailable (let's just say lost) and I can't find what bit rate it supports.

Can anyone tell me please?

Spangle2k5

Established Member
Download the complete manual from:

http://support.sony-europe.com/manuals/manuals.asp?l=en&m=STR-DB925

If you get no joy with this, I would say to set the audio to the highest setting, if nothing plays move it down a notch. If still nothing plays, move it down a notch again. This way you will get the highest quality sound that your receiver can handle.

Hope that this does the trick for you.

Spangle2k5

Established Member
Update:

I actually read the manual and it states that 32, 44.1 and 48khz signals are accepted, but not 96khz and therefore presumably not 192 khz either.

khz is not actually a measure of bit rate, it is a measure of the sampling frequency, but that's being picky!

Happy listening :thumbsup:

space--coyote

Established Member
Awesome, I've been looking for the manual online - obviously not hard enough!

Thanks for that matey.

EDIT: Yeah I've just found that it supports up to 48KHz too. Hopefully I can reason with myself that this isn't reason enough to upgrade my receiver.... but probably not!!!!

Spangle2k5

Established Member
space--coyote said:
Awesome, I've been looking for the manual online - obviously not hard enough!

Thanks for that matey.

A pleasure.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom