Sony str da5300es

pacman12

Standard Member
I have just got one of these and dont really know how to use it so if anyone can help i have a few questions.

The GUI doesnt come up on my tv over HDMI (a problem with these as far as i know) But will it come up on component or is there a way to fix this.

Is it possible to connect my tv so the picture runs through the amp and converts the pic to HD.

I have a dvd player and its supposed to upconvert to HD But its rubbish am i right in thinking the 5300 doesnt convert any source through hd connection.but if i connect the dvd with component it should convert to 1080p

Any help would be much appreciated i have looked through forum for the answers but couldnt find the answers thanks mark

christam

I had a 3300ES until a few days ago. The GUI should show on the TV but the easiest way to get it up is to use the smaller remote - the manual should show you what to do.

What make is the TV? And the DVD player? A bit more info might help us to help you :)

pacman12

Standard Member
I have set it up so the amp shows GUI mode and when i press menu a black screen comes up so it appears to be setup correctly just no menu.

the TV is a WLT66 toshiba and dvd player is a tevion dvd 8000 which is supposed to upscale dvd but the pic looks worse than standard TV

thanks mark

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom