Sony str-da2400es or Onkyo txSr607?

TheTap

Good afternoon,

I'm looking to upgrade my av receiver tomorrow (currently have a Sony str-k880). I had my eye on the Sony 2400es after reading positive reviews/threads on here.

I phoned my local richer sounds to reserve one and when I did the staff member also recommended the above onkyo model (apparently it's just dropped to under £300)

What are the general opinions on these receivers? Is one better than the other?

Kit I'll be connecting to it is sky HD, ps3, 360 (all hdmi) and wii (component).

Any advice/help appreciated.

Cheers

rob_n_em

Novice Member
Also interested in this.

Looking for a receiver to pair with a Q Acoustics 2000 Home Cinema setup.

Can anyone recommend either one?

Thanks,
Rob

P.S. Just released you plan to connect identical devices to me. Let me know if you take the plunge.

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The 607 is a good reciever but I feel the 2400ES is better. Richer Sounds seem to be getting a rep for pushing Onkyo products so I would take what they say with a pinch of salt. The best thing would be to listen to both and pick the one that sounds best to you. The 2400ES has been specifically designed to be better with music than other AV recievers.

SNICK

thoroughly recommend the 2400ES. although it's getting on a bit, it is still a cracking receiver - partner it with the right speakers and you won't be disappointed.:clap::clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom