Sony STR-DA2400es advice

kev147

Standard Member
Hi there,

Im after some advice please if anyone can help me i am not very good with set-ups with tv's etc but shall try my best to take in any replys if any.
I have a Sony STR-DA2400es receiver wired up to a LG HD tv with sky+ HD but my problem is i am a little hard of hearing not deaf in any ear just not as good as most peoples.
Now not matter what i watch HD Tv or BD i find it very hard to hear talking and if i turn the sound up the roof is blown away by any sudden loud noises like shooting or any kind of bass, i don't use my sub for this reason its allot worse with it on.
Is there any way i can watch a good movie so that i don't have to sit with my amp control in hand turning the sound up and down every time a bang happens just so i can hear what's been said
I have tried looking at this http://www.docs.sony.com/release/STRDA2400ES_qsg.pdf and tried turning the centre speaker up more but doesn't sound any different tbh
I would be very greatful for any advice :lease:

Thank you

StevieBuck

The dynamic range control on the amp can be used to compress the dynamic range of Dolby Digital soundtracks. Basically this normalizes the audio signal so it plays back at a more common volume. This should reduce the sudden bursts of sound you get from the sub.

Try turning that on and see if it helps any.

kev147

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply the only thing is i don't use the sub so the sub is not my problem really but shall try to find out what you mean
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom