• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony STR-DA2400ES advice needed please

jcv

Novice Member
Hi Guys, im looking for some technical advise on the Sony str da 2400es , basically I have my sky hd box connected via hdmi to the amp then hdmi out to the TV Sony KDL 32W4000 ive noticed when I change channels on the sky picture comes up right away then flickers up again , I tried running the hdmi cable straight to TV from the hd box and it does not do this , so im just wondering if I have a problem with the amp ?or is this normal due to prosseing , its just my last amp sony str dg910 i think did not do this , I have tried the hdmi for the hd in video 1 and it does the same thing , im using ixos cables I also have connected to the amp my Ps3 and Panasonic bluray player with no issues ,
Thanks in advance for all advise .

table manners

Established Member
It sounds like a handshaking problem,ive seen it many times.its a pain but i dont think its your amp.
sometimes turning on your kit in a certain order can help.

jcv

Novice Member
Hi, its starting to drive me mad , due to the fact it used to be ok , i took my 2400es back yesterday they are getting a new one in for me , i hooked up my old 910 and its doing the same thing , im starting to wonder if this all down to sky /hd ,?? has im also getting the HDCP error coming up now and then , then again when i connect the sky/hd direct to tv via hdmi there is no problem other than the HDCP warning , looks like i might have to connect this way and run optical from the sky/hd to the amp for sound , still hoping someone has the same setup so i can confirm weather or not there is a problem with my setup.

qfk123

Established Member
maybe old news,

Is your Sky HD a pace version- known channel change blank screen flicker
(i suffer from this occasionally.) and make sure your hd box is set to 1080i that way nothing changes between sd and HD in terms of res.

Last edited:

a123bfe

Standard Member
my bro read somewhere that the 2400es has a problem with sky hd...i bought 1 anyway and sure enough i ended up putting sky hd hdmi into back of tv ( lg 50' plasma) due to issues i cant even remember now.
i run an optical cable from tv to amp...everything is now good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom