Sony str da2400es 7.1 hd receiver

tazzy-lee

hey guys i have been looking at getting the sony str da2400es 7.1 receiver what are your thoughts on this is it a good buy i would like to use it for movies and playing music i have a samsung 50 inch tv sky hd box and ps3

cheers tazzy-lee:smashin::smashin:

dante01

Distinguished Member
im thinking about getting a sub woofer and speakers as well

what do you guys recommend :thumbsup::smashin::smashin:
£80 over what the unit was previously going for, but if it's what you want ;)

Speakers: Choose speakers with a neutral to warm signature sound and avoid bright sounding speakers.

Do you have a budget for the speakers?

dante01

Distinguished Member
PS3 --> AV amp HDMI carries both audio and video
SKY HD --> AV amp or to TV HDMI carries video and 2 channel audio
SKY HD --> AV amp Optical carries multichannel 5.1 audio
TV --> AV amp Optical or analogue RCA carries 2 channel audio
AV amp --> TV HDMI carries video and audio dependant on audio source

Rich9600

Back in January I narrowed my selection down to the Sony es2400 and the Marantz SR5003. I went for a listen to both and I personally prefered the stereo sound from the Marantz, so I went for that. I liked it so much I went and bought a Marantz stereo amp to!
Hpwever, the Sony was certainly capeable. I just prefer the sound of Marantz. It's well woth considdering if you struggle to find a Sony.

PS Don't forget speaker cables. If you have a large room this can really add up!

Genaa

Standard Member
I managed to track down the Sony 2400ES in black from HiSpek in St Albans. I believe they may have more but are selling out fast....

Not sure on individual price as I got mine as part of package deal with Kef 3005SE for £1399..

Good luck!

Genaa

Standard Member
being replaced with the newer models such as DH800 (equivalent to old 820 I think) and the DN1000, which will not be released in UK until about Sept apparently...

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom