• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony STR-DA1200ES - video switching question

tinners

I have just bought a Sony STR-DA1200ES and being a total newb in terms of video switching via the receiver just wanted to check the easiest / simplest way of connecting up my kit to the receiver.

• I have a SKY+ box with 2*SCART (1 RGB) and 1 Svideo currently connected to the TV directly via RGB Scart
  • I a buying a PS3 with HDMI
  • I have a HTPC with HDCP enabled DVI.
  • My TV has one HDCP enabled DVI only
Is the best / simplest way to just connect the PS3 & HTPC to the receiver, connect the receiver to the TV via HDMI/DVI and leave the SKY+ box just connected directly to the TV via RGB Scart ?

I would really just like everything connected to the receiver as switching inputs on the TV is a pain.

Thanks

chic

Distinguished Member
I have just bought a Sony STR-DA1200ES and being a total newb in terms of video switching via the receiver just wanted to check the easiest / simplest way of connecting up my kit to the receiver.

• I have a SKY+ box with 2*SCART (1 RGB) and 1 Svideo currently connected to the TV directly via RGB Scart
  • I a buying a PS3 with HDMI
  • I have a HTPC with HDCP enabled DVI.
  • My TV has one HDCP enabled DVI only
Is the best / simplest way to just connect the PS3 & HTPC to the receiver, connect the receiver to the TV via HDMI/DVI and leave the SKY+ box just connected directly to the TV via RGB Scart ?

I would really just like everything connected to the receiver as switching inputs on the TV is a pain.

Thanks

you would connect the sky+ direct to the tv using rgd scart as this give the best picture,you would run an optical cable to the amp for 5.1

you would connect the ps3 via hami for picture and optical for audio.

the pc you would connect with a dvi-hdmi cable and you would need a cable to go for audio as well.

then run a hdmi to dvi to your tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom