sony str-da1200es,save-835,sawx-900 problems

sonyguy

Standard Member
hi i have the sony str-da1200es amplifer save 835 speakers(i dont use the sub provided) sony sawx 900 subwoofer

i bought this last month.i put it on tv and there is no midrange or warm or even good sound the speakers are wall mounted at height of 1.2m(recomended by sony centre) the sub is under a table in the corner the room is 6x4

the speakers were 500 pounds i use 521 strand wire with them but they sound awful no midrange too much treble even when settings are low on treble

the subwoofer sounds awful if you are watching tv it produces bass when somewone is talking it goes along to their voice which doesent sound good and that deep bass is not there with dance music or drum n bass that punch that you usually get isnt there when it goes low(below 30hz) it sounds great but above awful it has one 12" sub downwards firing and one on the front thats 2 12" sub and 1000w amplifer just for the sub and it weighs 50 kg
i dont know what the problem is

do i need floorstandings if i do what would the best make be that will give me great bass and midrange and treble but works well with my amplifer would the wharfedale pacific evoloution 40 do me good

Bass 6.5" 165mm Bass
Midrange 6.5" 165mm B/M
Tweeter 25mm tex
Power 200W
Nominal Impedance 6ohm
Sensitivity 89dB
Frequency 30-20k
Crossover 200 / 2.8k
Frequency Fb 30Hz

what shall i do i just want a great sounding system

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom