1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony SSLA300 Sats and SS-LAC305ED center, anyone know anything about them?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Sun, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Sun

Sun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Hi,

Whilst looking for smaller speakers I came accross this ad for some discontinued Sony's. http://www.avland.co.uk/sony/sslap305/ I can't find a single thing about them anywhere, does anyone have any experience with them or know of any reviews? They come with balljoints built in which would make them very easily placeable, they look like KEF eggs to me, although these are discontinued of course.

Cheers
    Sun

2. xavier71

xavier71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    hi sun
    i have the complete system you are talking about including the sa-wd100 subwoofer to go with it and i can say that they are very good all round speakers, very capable at handling movie sound tracks and music too, also good to look at which is good news if you have a partner that is not to keen on speakers everywhere, i would certainly recommend them at the right price.

3. Sun

Sun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks for your comments Xavier71, you're obviously pleased with them. I've seen them for £190 but without the sub you mention. I've also seen the Sony SA-VE525 which is 5 sats plus sub for the same price. As per my other active thread in here I'm just looking at the moment for a potential replacement for my Wharfedale Diamond's, the replacement will have to perform with both music and film.

If you don't mind me asking how do you feel it compares to other systems that you've heard, unless of course this is your 1st one :) Is it capable at high volumes, do the speakers remain clear and don't become strained?

Cheers

4. xavier71

xavier71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    im jumping between your 2 threads at the moment so bare with me, anyway ref the sonys i have a pioneer thx ultra amp rated at 110wpc and when i crank up the amp i dont seem to notice anything drastic, yes there is a slight let down when the amp is turned up but bare in mind that these are entry level speakers, when i mean turned up i am talking about a level that it is not normally listened at.