Sony SSH2500 with Fonestar AS-1515

IJIN

Novice Member
Hello,
I have a chance to buy SONY SS-H2500 speakers for 25$. (Looks like a good deal to me) but any opinions on those, recommended ?

Anyway I would also need an amp.. and I am very rusty on all the specs, watts and ohms (I used to own a pair of oldschool PIONEERS and ONKYO TX-313 back in a day..). Good experience. Want to replicate in on a smaller scale.

So the speakers are rated 6ohm and are moderately small (shelf). I expected that they would require smallish amplifier, but 6ohm rattled me and I'm worried to fry the amp..

I found this option: Fonestar AS-1515
https://www.pccomponentes.com/fones...-fi-15-15w-rms-bluetoothusbfm-reacondicionado

Would this amp match well with said speakers? or I need much more powerful amp? Any recommendations (on a budget) to go with these speakers?

Thank you for any insights, recommendations and help.
IJIN

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Speakers
Screenshot_20220326-095248_Samsung Internet.jpg

I dont think that cheap 15w amp will be much good tbh. Best spending that budget on something used from ebay or similar.

What's your max budget? Country?

Hixs

Distinguished Member
This is a good amp
Screenshot_20220326-100109_Samsung Internet.jpg

IJIN

Novice Member
Thank you for a response. I don't have set budget, but around 60-70euros. Country - Spain.

Basically, I have my mind set on the ever popular Edifier 1280T to use with a computer as a stereo system.
Then I got this offer for SONY SS-H2500 speakers, and that got me thinking if it's not a better option. I guess I like the idea of active speakers as it saves a lot of space. Of course having an amp and good ol' serious speakers appeals to me as well :)

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom