Sony Ss600

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by andy_mfc, Mar 18, 2006.

1. andy_mfc

andy_mfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi ive just purchased one of these and have got it all set up but im well confussed with all the functions it has. can any1 tell me step by step the best way to get the best sound from all speakers for movies, 360 etc plz

2. Caveman643

Caveman643

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, I got one of these the other day. The easiest way I have seen so far is to use the AFD button on the remote. Keep pressing it until the screen on the AMP says AFD Auto. This will then set the outputs for the speakers according to what the input is. So if the source id DD5.1 from a DVD it will output DD5.1

It works well and I'm impressed with this piece of kit. At last I'm getting proper sound when listening to DVDs and movies through my Sky+ box. :thumbsup:

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Only use 'AFD' when feeding it a digital signal from a dvd film, otherwise you'll only get sound from the front speakers. For all other sources, use Dolby ProLogic II - this creates a convincing 5.1 surround sound from ordinary television programmes/films.