Sony Speakers, Cambridge Works Sub & Technics Amp - Set up Help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bankz5152, Jun 16, 2009.

1. bankz5152

bankz5152
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,
    New on here but need some major help with a speaker set up.
    I recently moved out of my house and found x2 Sony 120Watt Speakers with Tweeters, a Cambridge Works 210watt Subwoofer (has 3 negative wires & 3 posative wires coming from 3 different sections) and finally a Technics 400watt Stereo Amplifer with 2 main and 2 remote inputs.

I had it all set up before well the two Sony Speakers and it worked fine, for a while but then the left speaker stopped working, but i unplugged it and plugged it back in fiddle with some settings and it work again fine.

But now again its not working and i cant seem to get it to work. It did not cut out mid song it just didnt come on when i turned the Amp on.

Similar problem with the subwoofer i had it set up using both of the remote inputs. It was set like so -

On the LEFT side-
    One negative (left)
    One Posative (left) One Posative (centre)

On the RIGHT side-
    One Negative (right) One Negative (centre)
    One posative (right)

That worked fine and the same as before turned Amp off then turned on couple hours later didnt work.

Now im left with one 120watt speaker that is woking fine.

Any ideas why this happend?

2. bankz5152

bankz5152
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok upon looking further at the system - I have found that the entire left input side does not seem to be working.
    Anyone know how to repair?