1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Speaker Packages

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by volcano172, May 30, 2003.

1. volcano172

volcano172

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to purchase the Sony SA-VE835ED speaker package from Richer Sounds after seeing they were at least £100 than other retailers. I am still waiting for the speakers to arrive at my local RS and i am beginning to think they arent ever going to turn up as i just dont trust RS. After scouring various sites to find an alternative source i see that HyperFi are selling SAV-E835S for the same price as RS are selling the SA-VE835ED. Are these the same 2 packages?

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The S at the end of Sony packages usually denotes 'System', i.e. a Sony AV system package. This means that an AV amp or receiver is included too. ED means just a speaker package, but I am yet to work out what 'ED' stands for :D

Thing is, I can't find details of the SAVE835S at www.sony.co.uk , so maybe it's a typo in the Hyperfi model number. I can't find it at www.hyperfi.co.uk though :(

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Extended Definition, in relation the the speakers frequency range.

Hope this helps.

Cap.

4. Stiesto

Stiesto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to add on the subject of the Sony PASCAL range, I just bought (and returned) the SA-VE535 speaker package and they were truly awful.

You may want to try them out before you hand your cash to Richer.

5. volcano172

volcano172

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend has the SA-VE535 which i have heard and was very impressed with. RS are doing the 835's for £300 which is pretty good for a sub/sat package. Ive just moved house and am being forced into buying new speakers as my KEF floorstanders will not fit either side of the TV in its current position. Am only buying them as a short term solution. In an ideal world i would be buying KEF Eggs or the B&W VM1 setup.

6. tony79

tony79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    the extended definition is for the higher frequencies from sacd and dvd-audio and the 835 are in a different league compared to the 500 series.