Sony Speaker Connector

Skezza

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a Sony surround sound for £10 last night, but it's missing two cables for the rear speakers.

What plug is this, does anyone know?
z9Bjbsih.jpg

1uCe7nRh.jpg

I've been thinking maybe of just putting some bullet connectors on and seeing if that would work, or perhaps buying some of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Pairs-T...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20e6a8b082

They look like they might fit, or trying some bullet connectors.

Advice please :)

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
That looks like a proprietary Sony DAV-Sxxx system connector. Never seen them anywhere else but you can often buy the cables from Ebay (used).

If you enlarge the connector you've linked to you'll see that one pole is round & the other square, so that won't fit.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Does that Plug connect directly to the amp or directly to the speakers? Or is it something of an extension, plugging into another cord?

Can we get a clear image of what this plug plugs into?

Depending on what fits into this plug and where it is located, you might be able to convert it to standard speaker terminal connections, or you might find a similar but not quite identical plug that would fit.

But with out seeing what this plug plugs into, we can only speculate.

Steve/bluewizard

The plug connects into the amp. The speaker end just has bare wire go into one of those clamps, a little bit retro lol.

I think I've found a solution. Blue butt crimps, when the blue plastic has been trimmed back to metal fit perfectly onto the terminal. So I'm thinking, make up some new cables using blue butt connectors and some reasonable 14 awg speaker cable.

If it works, I'll have kitted my lounge with a reasonable surround for just under £15 ;) Bingo.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom