Sony Sound Problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Wakefield Shots, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Wakefield Shots

Wakefield Shots
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Guys, :hiya:

I have a Sony DAV-S500 (yes, I know it's old, but only 3 years!), where the sound from the left front speaker cuts out. It might go for a couple of weeks without this happening, and then do it every few minutes for a few nights in a row. It occurs on all sources including Sky+ and DVD. When it happens there is a hissing sound from this speaker. :( :mad:

Any ideas on what the problem might be? Anybody else with a Sony had a similar problem - if so what did you do about it? I don't want to start going down the repair route if this is going to end up costing nearly as much as a new system! Any ideas would be much appreciated. :lease:

Thank you in advance. :thumbsup:

2. chicksdignick

chicksdignick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello mate,

my mate had the same problem with the same system, turns out it was a dry joint on the speaker connection inside the unit. Apparently its a common problem with that unit. It needs soldering which isn't difficult but i suppose it depends on where you get it fixed!!

cheers

Nick