1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony SonicStage 3.1 import problem

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by SpecC, Aug 3, 2005.

1. SpecC

SpecC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried and tried but i can't seem to import some files to sonicstage and therefore i can't transfer them to my mp3 player. First, I thought i had to put titles and album names on them so i did but I was wrong. Anyone got a solution to this?

2. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't import files with japanese characters in the file name....maybe you have a non readable character? You can still have the right language for title and artist on the player but it wont show up in sonicstage. I renamed the files it worked fine.

3. SpecC

SpecC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nope, i have chinese characters in there, i don't think that's the problem.

4. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what was that you have chinese characters in the filename or in sonicstage? If its in the filename then thats probably the problem, if not the its not.
    What happens when you press import and select the folder or file with the songs?

5. SpecC

SpecC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the filename is in chiense.

when i try to import the songs from that folder, absolutely nothing happens at all

6. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah thats because the file name is in chinese! Thats what happened to me. But for Jap instead.

Tag your chinese songs with their chinese names and then delete every singe chinese symbol in the file name...name it with track number and whatever you want in english.

Now try and import the files....they will appear as ???? instead of the proper names but when you transfer it to the player it should be the proper chinese characters. Worked for jap anyway.
    try it...

7. SpecC

SpecC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the chinese characters aren't the problem. i can import those and pu them on my mp3 player fine but the thing is another folder.

8. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SO what Exactly is the problem?

So normal mp3s with english names that are tagged properly can't be dropped onto sonicstage?

I found that you MUST drop the folder containing the songs...not the folder containing the folder containing the songs.....if that makes sense.....

If you can give us exact description maybe we can help....

9. SpecC

SpecC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. The problem is that I can't import certain files to SonicStage. Even if i drag the folder to it, it won't import at all. Nothing happens when I dropthe file on SonicStage.

10. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ill need more detail, if you like send one of the tracks to me and ill try it...it might just be your sonicstage.
    I only experienced your problem when trying to import tracks who's location had jap characters in any of the folders it was in......do you have the right sonicstage version?

11. SpecC

SpecC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i installed the SonicStage that came with the mp3 player. it says 3.1 so i think i have the right one. sure i'll send you one of the tracks... got AIM or MSN?

12. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah MSN, you have a PM