Sony Sonic Stage 4.3

ageinghippy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I need this software to transfer files from my pc to my alkman but Sony say they no longer supply. Anyone got a copy?

Trawled the net but all the sites look a BIT iffy

Trevor

[ame=http://download.cnet.com/Sony-Connect-SonicStage/3000-2141_4-10375164.html?tag=mncol;1]Sony Connect (SonicStage) - CNET Download.com[/ame]

Thanks for the link but been there done that. It only downloads the installer which then tries to connectto a server which is no longer responding :-(

Trevor

Try: SonicStage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you really really need 4.3 then unfortunately for you Sony JP stopped the download link as recently as Mar 2013. Only other bet would be to hit the Sony Insider forum and ask someone to email you the installer (assuming your email client has good anti-virus scanner)

I got mine from SonicStage 4.2/4.3 full (non web) installer - Software - Sony Insider Forums #7 (Arvin)

I used filezilla to download 4.3. I see there's a security patch too.

I just tried the links (vaio-link.com) and successfully downloaded both files 89MB & 3MB.

If you don't have filezilla or want to access vaio-link.com let me know and I'll upload both files to Netload for you.

Lastly, are you really sure you want Sonic Stage, it bloody awful software, Sony really need their heads examined, their latest attempt MediaGo isn't much better - Drag'n'Drop is the only way to go.

Hi,

I think I may need the latest version of Sonic Stage 4.3.

I noticed you offered to upload it onto netload. I never used that before but I no longer have access to my library so I am willing to try it if you are still willing to upload your version.

Do you still think you can do that?

Here is the link to the Sonic Stage 4.3 and the Security update for 4.3

Netload Serious Filehosting - Netload

I've put them in a zip folder, so you only need to download once
The files are the original ones that were released in 2007 (security update was in 2008)

Sorry came in a bit late to this, I needed a new copy because the original (and even got a copy off ebay) oul not work with win7.

As I remember I a member from sony forums had updated it and worked a treat. Was for a friend's older Sony player which you couldn't drag n drop, But will look today to see if I still have a copy/link

Trevor

Howdy There Oldschoolers, I managed to repackage the setup system and MD Driver.
Get it here: My Files

I have recently dug out and dusted off my Sony Network Walkman NW-HD3 since my i-Pod was stolen. As it's been in mothballs for a number of years and my operating system has been advancing since Windows ME to windows 7 I had no idea that SonicStage had even been discontinued. After browsing many other sites and forums and trying a few links (some broken) and downloads (my antivirus removed them during download) I was becoming distraught. "is there anyone out there that still has a clean download" ?

Well the answer is yes courtesy of DJ Fender. Thank You so much.

I was worried this would not work on my PC as it was a US version and I'm UK. I have no worries now. It works great. I can drag and drop MP3's from my PC into it's library and click transfer to media device once again, they stay as MP3's too which is wonderful (not like the older versions of the program which always converted to ATRAC)

I can't thank you enough DJ Fender, you made my day :)

Dunroamin did you try my link (netload) on your Win 7?
If you did and it didn't work on your Win 7 machine do let me know and I'll stop hosting. I doubt anyone is still on XP.

Dunroamin did you try my link (netload) on your Win 7?
If you did and it didn't work on your Win 7 machine do let me know and I'll stop hosting. I doubt anyone is still on XP.

Sorry limblee, no i didn't. I looked there and saw the free download would have taken me over 15 minutes. These sites deliberately slow the download speeds to pressure you into purchasing their "Premium" package offering a 15 min download in 6 seconds, well 6 seconds would depend on your broadband speed, mine is no better than 2meg in my rural area so would have been more like 6 mins. DJ's download from Mediafire was 2 mins.

Sorry limblee, no i didn't. I looked there and saw the free download would have taken me over 15 minutes. These sites deliberately slow the download speeds to pressure you into purchasing their "Premium" package offering a 15 min download in 6 seconds, well 6 seconds would depend on your broadband speed, mine is no better than 2meg in my rural area so would have been more like 6 mins. DJ's download from Mediafire was 2 mins.

Glad to be of some help, I still use my MD recorders daily for various purposes in my profession as an audio engineer and at home, I have lots of my MD's recorded from good times in life and listening to them again gives me good nostalgia.

The handy thing is its often easier to locate a pack of AA batteries then it is to locate an open power outlet, so its excellent for field recording, especially when you find a cool sound outside somewhere to use in a Musical production or Foley work, like squeaky doors, bus air brakes, the sound of traffic, shopping malls, anywhere where I couldn't bring a large studio or laptop with me.

Howdy There Oldschoolers, I managed to repackage the setup system and MD Driver.
Signed up just to say thanks to DJ Fender for the link (and others for their comments too). The US version of SonicStage 4.3 works fine here in the UK and has saved my old NW-E105 from landfill.
Many thanks.
:thumbsup:

I also signed up just to say thanks. I spent a few hours trying to get my beloved HIMD player working with Windows 7 and finally found the software I need from Fender's link. Now I'm uploading my recordings just like I always did before my switch to 7. No I haven't used my minidisc recorder for some time now but I certainly want it to work. Very few things match it's quality IMO. Of course I could buy a new recorder with lots of new features but then I'd have to pay for that. I already have a fine recorder as it is and now I can use it on my upgraded computer. I was beginning to think I'd have to keep an old computer running with XP just to upload my music. Not so. Hopefully I won't have to lose the ability to connect to my recordings when the next OS upgrade comes along for me. I've been using 7 for years but I haven't needed to use my MD recorder. I have other recorders that have worked fairly well for me but the quality just isn't the same. And now I have that connection back again. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Here's a sample of why I want my HIMD to work:
http://www.a-framevideo.com/Angel From Montgomery edit.mp3

Last edited:
Hi All
Downloaded the files from our good friend DJ Fender,but am unable to use Sonic stage,as it comes up with ,
(cannot locate files to open data base files) error 00005e30. My system is win 7 64 bit
Any ideas where ime going wrong,
Thanks Dave

I read that these files didn't work well in a 64 bit environment but there's some way to make it work. Or you can run a virtual system and do it. Sorry I can't remember which way was best but I got mine to work and I forgot most of the stuff I had read. The info is around if you search for it though.

I read that these files didn't work well in a 64 bit environment but there's some way to make it work. Or you can run a virtual system and do it. Sorry I can't remember which way was best but I got mine to work and I forgot most of the stuff I had read. The info is around if you search for it though.

Hello there,

I saw this info about sonic stage, and I needed Sonic stage myself because the 2.0 edition I had was giving me converting trouble (I wasn't able to copy anything onto the minidisc anymore). switching from windows xp to windows 7 (ultimate).
Now I saw dj fender had sonic stage 4.3 shared, thanks a lot !!!
and tried and download it. installation proces went well, but when I restarted the computer after installation Sonic stage is trying to retrieve data from server and comes with the message:
data was unable to be retrieved from the server. Please check your Internet connection and try again. (21000)
I have checked my proxy settings, but actually I really don't know what to do?
anyone have idea's about this problem.

Thanks DJ Fender. I was searching everywhere for sonicstageinstaller and sonicstage download etc for quite a while before finding your link. I knew it had to be somewhere, just needed someone like you to create the free download. :)

Wow thank you for posting that I was really looking forward to it but I can not find.
Now that I install on Kamyvtrm Mbkhvam Atlaatmv pour the whole lot into this error.

Unable to transfer the following tracks to My Library because they are recorded
by Net MD or another computer.

- Untitled

What's your opinion about this error?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom