1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY SLV-SF99 VCR Power supply fault

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by socoolpaul, Sep 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. socoolpaul

socoolpaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:
    Hi all, I have a Sony SLV-FS99 video recorder. After a mains circuit breaker was reset (due to a dishwasher tripped out the ring main :mad: ) the VCR will not power on. There is sometimes a rapid clicking noise comes from the power supply board in the VCR but no sign of life otherwise. The Power board is marked as "SRV879EK & >PF-LP< " I would like any help if anyone can either suggest what might have blown in this unit or what compatible Sony VCR would use the same power supply board. I have tried a unit from a Sony SLV -F990 but it is slightly different. I would be grateful of any help on at all on this from anyone out there as this particular machine means a lot to me for personal reasons. Many thanks
    Paul
    :smashin:

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    I actually have a SLV-F990. Recently it went dead. I found two capacitors on the primary (live) side of the chopper transformer had gone low in value no doubt because of heat in the PSU 'cage'. Can't remember the circuit references but the values were:

47uF 50V 105 deg C
    1uF 50V 105 deg C

I suspect the PSU maybe a similar design. Make sure you disconnect the mains for a few minutes and discharge the main DC capacitor as it can give a nasty bite.

3. domdukes96

domdukes96
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have the same problem has anyone found a solution ?