1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony SLV SE730 Opinions

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by jeff_ waters, Mar 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. jeff_ waters

jeff_ waters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I am looking at getting the Sony SLV SE730 vcr. They seem to be resonable in price. I am not into features but want a EX quality picture on play back.
    Will this machine deliver EX picture quality ?
    I believe it plays NTSC format to ?
    Advice welcome
    Regards
    Jeff

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    If the quality of playback is the most importent thing to you then IMHO you will be better getting a JVC or Panasonic SVHS VCR as Sony do not make SVHS. These cost from around £100 and with Sony being overpriced I doubt you will get the Sony for much, if any less than that.
    In the past I always bought Sony TV's & VCR's, but as I said I now think they are overpriced for what they are. I don't think Sony even make a VCR anymore, they are just a rebadge of another companies VCR's.

The biggest advantage of an SVHS VCR will be with any new recordings that you make, but they also improve slightly the playback of old VHS tapes. If you spend a bit more and get a SVHS VCR with TBC (Time Base Correction) this will improve playback of old tapes even more.

Mark.

ps, I think most, if not all modern UK VCR's will play back an NTSC tape!