Sony / Sky problem

P

paiger

I have just bought a Sony KV24LS35U which I am delighted with. My problem is with the Sky remote. On my old Sony, I had channel 6 set to AV1 RGB. When you press the SKY button, it switches the TV to channel 6. This worked fine on my old set. On the new one, it does not appear possible to set channels to AV inputs, just the tuner. When I press the SKY button, the TV switched to 6 and there is no channel there.

I know I could set the remote to not work the TV but it's handy to have because sometimes I don't bother with the amp and use the TV volume so I only need one remote.

Any ideas?

S

I heard of this on the newer Sony TVs (newer than mine that is). There wasn't anything you could do to overcome this. Something that I too would miss.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

u cant set the av input to a "normal" channel but u cn still use ur remote without the annoyance of goin to 6 everytime. take out ur batteries and clear the remote memory(or whateva it is). then, if u chek ur manual, it says how 2 programme ur remote. this is dun in 2 stages- first setting the tv brand (sony, which is code 0000 i think) and second setting the channel to switch to. just dont bother doin the second part. i've dun this on mine 4 da same reason. incidentally, u shld find "select" (big green button in centre...) cycles thru the inputs.

OK, thanks, I'll give that a go. Shame you can't just assign channels like on the old sets.

S

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom