• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

sony sf-2300/playstation 3 problem

M

madferret

Hi everyone I use my playstation with the sf 2300 and i think i have some problems. When i play games the output is not dolby digital but linear PCM i think because when i play games that supports dolby digital, the sf2300 does not display `dolby digital` what do you think the problem is and how can i solve it thanks

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Its not really a problem, your still getting Dolby Digital. Its just been decoded by the PS3 to LPCM before transmittal. If you want the amp to light up dolby digital, you will have to change the PS3 to output bitstream instead of LPCM. However you will then lose access to the HD audio on blurays, as the PS3 is unable to bitstream those.

MichaelGL

Its not really a problem, your still getting Dolby Digital. Its just been decoded by the PS3 to LPCM before transmittal. If you want the amp to light up dolby digital, you will have to change the PS3 to output bitstream instead of LPCM. However you will then lose access to the HD audio on blurays, as the PS3 is unable to bitstream those.

So even if you untick dolby and dts and just leave the PCM options ticked you will get the relevant Dolby/DTS/TrueHD/DTS-HD MA track?

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Read the first post here, although its written how to setup the PS3 with onkyo amps, the explanation is pretty good.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom