1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony service menu - saving your settings

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by darrenf, Jul 14, 2003.

1. darrenf

darrenf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    When i enter the service menu I alter the picture so it fits perfectly, my problem is when I exit.
    It is ok initially but as soon as i choose a different mode e.g. wide and then go back to RGB 4.3 setting, the picture has reverted back to the original out of shape picture, it's off the screen to one side? Any idea's why, I have tried 00 to enter the service menu, like I say when I do this it is correct intailly as long as I don't touch anything. If i switch the set off instead of 00 to exit nothing at all happens. Any idea's my TV is a Sony 28ws1u and is about 8 years old. Is there any other way of saving your settings?
    Thanks
    Darren

2. HowieC

HowieC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If my memory serves me right, on the older Sony sets you have to press the OK button on the remote after each adjustment to enter the new settings in to memory.

3. darrenf

darrenf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well this works but only on the other setting, wide, zoom etc but for some reason no matter what I do the 4:3 RGB setting always reverts back - when i am doing this in the service menu i am viewing the RGB picture. I'm really stuck?