Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony service a nightmare

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Metric, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Due to complications surrounding my warranty (i imported the projector from belgium), i finally sent my dead machine off to them last week.

Sony belgium agreed to pay for repairs and sony uk would action the work.

Then i got an email telling me that the engineer had found that i had removed the bulb therefore sony belgium would not pay for the repairs.

The sent me a bill for 500 quid ish, so obviously i explained my concern that lifting and checking the lamp was seated correctly shouldnt invalidate the warranty. I asked for a copy of the job sheet and it stated that the lamp and lense cover were infact MISSING from the unit.

So sony are now trying to find out if another engineer looked at the unit prior to this engineer. I treated that projector like a baby, im concerned as to whats happening to it in sonys care.

Moral of the story? DONT IMPORT, its not cheaper in the long run

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,721
    Surely they should also inform you before doing the work if they are going to charge you for it? Otherwise you may not be able to pay. Then what do they do??

If they do this, ask them to put it back as it was and return it because you don't have the means to pay that amount of money.

When my pj was faulty, I was initialy told it would be £1300. I wouldn't pay that much for repair even if I could afford it. It turns out the unit was still under warranty, and the repair was in fact equivalent to £300 (the component they thought was faulty wasn't, it was something else - typical). But given the choice, I would have lived with it as it was, rather than pay that much for a repair.

Gary.

3. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    im sorry to hear of your trouble m8e ,i hope it all works out ok in the end .mine is going back next week ,im not happy with the bottom borders being 10mm to low on one side ,so musical images are getting me a new one for friday .

4. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for the replies.

appears that sony made an error on the paperwork