Sony SA-VE702's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Skylineduk, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Skylineduk

Skylineduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am seriously considering purchasing the above speakers to go with a Harmon Kardon AVR3000 I have seen them here http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/657-sony-pascal-speakers.html for £382. My max spend on the speakers is £400 and they have to be sub/sat system. I believe this is a good price for them does anyone have any thoughts/comments on these speakers or any better sub/sat combo that is better for the same money??

Thanks in advance :cool:

2. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    skylineduk,

Not wanting to sound judgemental but this month's copy of 'what hifi' near the back in it's buyers guide stated that any of the pascal range are c**p to put it mildly. However, 'sound is in the ear of the beholder'.
    I recommend you at least buy a copy of what hifi (or any other home cinema/hifi mag) and then make your own mind up. Why have you decided on the HK receiver? Again What hifi can guide you in this (Denon 2802 or 3802 appears to be top choice in this forum). When buying a house the three important factors are location, location, location. I would say when buying Hi-Fi the three important factors are demo, demo, demo!!!!!

Hope I've been of some assistance

3. ste_hewson

ste_hewson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i also am auditioning surround sound speakers and have to say i haven't even considered sony for that very reason!!. for that price you could get a much much better system. take the mission cinema 71/72. although it isn't sub/sat it knocks spots off the sonys. thought about the mission cinema 6 pack for £260?!