Sony S639 or A729

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by martyn7772, Jan 29, 2009.

1. martyn7772

martyn7772

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Does anyone have an opinion on which is the better buy.
    Both are currently £99
    Im upgrading from a 2gb stick player so have never had the luxury of a screen. So not sure how much use I would get out of the larger screen on the 729.
    When Ive tried using Radio in the past ive always had problems getting a decent reception, so not sure if i'll definately need it.
    Im assuming they have the same headphones and of equal sound quality.

If I cant decide im getting a Sansa fuze, just because it appears to do most things and is expandable

Any recommendations would be most welcomed. :confused:

2. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Martyn7772

Both great players!! If you arent going to watch video too much then i'd personally get the slightly smaller 639. The buttons are "round" rather than a "flattened oval" on the 729/829 - which I find slightly easier to press. I dont use the 639 radio too much - but it's fairly usable in the areas I'm in - and nice to have built in (IMHO). They are both great players - i'd say there's not a lot to worry about whichever you end up with!! I dont use either of the supplied phones though - but I understand that they are quite a bit better than the usual supplied earbuds.

Regards.

3. zomp

zomp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Got the S639 and its marvellous-it`s also £87.99 at play.com if you want it in silver(and who cares about the color anyway?)

4. martyn7772

martyn7772

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for the replies guys. Think the radio is swinging it for me and the fact that the missus coundnt velieve I was contemplating watching video on a 2.4" screen:thumbsup: