Sony s370 resume problem

marskeman

Established Member
Reaction score
Any able to resume play with their S370, as i cannot. Tried to book mark but didn't store it. I have a 1gb stick in. I bought a cheap sony dvd player years ago and it remembered my last 6 dvd's.

What disc was it? Discs with java do not have a resume. Some Universals have bookmark but the player will lose it when the disc comes out.

It really depends on whether the disc supports resume rather than player's ability.

It does seem to be getting more common on titles. The last few blu-rays I bought - Toy Story 1 & 2, LOTR Trilogy, and Avatar are from a variety of studios - and all support resume. But to varying degrees.

In the case of Avatar I've just stuck in the disc. (The player had been switched off at the mains since last Sunday and I'd put in Private Ryan just before to see if it had resume - it didn't.) And it's asking if I want to resume playback (at the end credits.) It'll still resume playback if another title that supports resume is used in between - eg LOTR.

On the other hand LOTR supports resume out of standby and if fully powered down and restarted but if you eject the disc it won't resume - unlike Avatar.

So it's a mixed bag and somewhat hit and miss.

The new java resume is still not really a a full resume. It is a auto bookmark, the stuff before the menus still have to be played. A proper resume would go straight into the film at the right place. I suppose it is storing the place in the player memory. I am still using the internal memory so a 1GB stick shouldn't be needed unless someone wants to use BD Live.

I have it on Monsters Inc, Up and haven't played the TS ones yet.

This is just crazy. Bluray have been out now for quite a few years you'd think there would be a standard, so us the customer knows what we r getting. I have got used to my machine remembering where i last played and now after i upgrade to the latest technoloy i've gone backwards. All it needs to remember is a little disk id number and a time code 2kb of info.
They wonder why Bluray has not taken off.

This is just crazy. Bluray have been out now for quite a few years you'd think there would be a standard, so us the customer knows what we r getting. I have got used to my machine remembering where i last played and now after i upgrade to the latest technoloy i've gone backwards. All it needs to remember is a little disk id number and a time code 2kb of info.
They wonder why Bluray has not taken off.

Blame java. The player is not in control when java is used. The player starts the java and what is programmed is allowed to happen/player controls to operate. I still don't know why they use it. I don't need fancy menus. A simple play movie, chapters and extras selection will do me.

Discs with no java and a simple menu will start where they are left just by pressing play.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom