• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony S370 or Samsung BD-C5300?

LiamF09

Standard Member
Hey guys. Recently got rid of the PS3, and in desperate need of a new player:).
I've seen quite afew people harping on about these two players, and they're within my budget, so I thought I'd choose between one of the two.

The main things I'm looking for are speed and which one offers better quality, in terms of display. (Sorry...I'm not that technical, and it's late :rolleyes:).

I'll be using this 1080p monitor Samsung SM2333SW 23" TFT Monitor 1920x1080.. | Ebuyer.com (Wouldn't mind if you guys looked at the specs. I used it with my PS3 and it looked great...I think, lol). - I'll be connecting it up via a DVI to HD converter.

I'll be using a set of 5.1 speakers, which I'll be connecting via composite, not great, I know, heh. (Speaking of which, I think only the Samsung only offers composite? So maybes my option is limited to only that, although I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the help guys, and if any of you know another decent player within the range of 100-150, please let me know.
Cheers, Liam.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom