Sony S360/S560 - UK launch dates?

serialhobbyist

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard when the S360 and S560 are going to be available in the UK? Last I read was "probably in the summer". Which is kind of is, now.

Anyone heard when the S360 and S560 are going to be available in the UK? Last I read was "probably in the summer". Which is kind of is, now.

S360 should be due real soon. :)

July=BDP-S360=Entry player BD live
October=BDP-S560=BD live,Wireless Lan
October=BDP-S760=BD live,wireless Lan,DNLA,7.1ch out,SBM

Thanks for that. July's not too bad but I think October's going to be a bit too late for me.

Does anybody know what the 360 going to offer over the 350?

And should we expect the 350 to shoot down in price?

I have an s350 but it can't decode DTS HD MA... and the 360 can. As my system is capable of playing this I wanted a player that could too. As far as anything else I'm not sure, the S350 is going in the bedroom!

As for the price of the S350, I'd have thought it couldn't fall much more.. and you run the risk, as with the S550, that stocks will run out.

I have this morning received and set up my S550. As a previous post said the 360 is just out but the alas waiting for the 560 to appear would have needed a little more patience than I had.

Sadly I needed the multi outs & onboard decoding, which neither the 350 or 360 have.

From the little I have read it seems the 360 & 560 have Wi-Fi network capabilities built in. It was not something I needed but would have been a nice bonus.

I am also a little sceptical of the rumoured price tag of the 560 (£250). If it is, then it should be a great player for the price.

I have this morning received and set up my S550. As a previous post said the 360 is just out but the alas waiting for the 560 to appear would have needed a little more patience than I had.

Sadly I needed the multi outs & onboard decoding, which neither the 350 or 360 have.

From the little I have read it seems the 360 & 560 have Wi-Fi network capabilities built in. It was not something I needed but would have been a nice bonus.

I am also a little sceptical of the rumoured price tag of the 560 (£250). If it is, then it should be a great player for the price.

You definitely made the right choice IMHO. It's the 760 that has multichanel outs, isn't due until October and at what Price? --- High I should think!

The 360 is the 350 replacement ---- the 560 is the 360 with wireless connectivity (and no analogue outs ---- way to confuse, hey!).

You got the S550 at a great price!

The 360 is the 350 replacement ---- the 560 is the 360 with wireless connectivity (and no analogue outs ---- way to confuse, hey!).

WOW, I was confused :eek:. Thanks for clarifying the replacement model numbers. There was I thinking the 560 was the 550's replacement.:oops:

It does make the rumoured price more plausible.

My 550 came from Robert Whyte (Photographic).

Last edited:
There was I thinking the 560 was the 550's replacement QUOTE]

As I'm sure many others will too ---- Well done Sony ---- you've gone to the top of the, 'lets cause confusion' class!

S360 should be due real soon. :)

July=BDP-S360=Entry player BD live
October=BDP-S560=BD live,Wireless Lan
October=BDP-S760=BD live,wireless Lan,DNLA,7.1ch out,SBM

So the S360 is really no different to the S550?? Or am I missing something?

The 560 does interest me though with the wireless connection.

Do you think this would be much of an upgread over the S550?

Any pics of this model anywhere yet or any indication of price?

So the S360 is really no different to the S550?? Or am I missing something?

The 560 does interest me though with the wireless connection.

If I am now understanding correctly the S560 is the same as a S360 but has wireless networking.

I think William means that both player boths are the same except the wireless function on the 560. :smashin:

I think William means that both player boths are the same except the wireless function on the 560. :smashin:

Yes, misread that. Sorry.

Apologies for the earlier ambiguity.

Would it be an upgrade over the current 550?

I guess its down to whether you need wireless and also if 7.1 analogues are important or not.

The 560 has wireless but no 7.1 outs.

Yes, misread that. Sorry.

Not much on price yet i'm afraid,specs and pics at Sony Style though. :)
Upgrade over the 550? if you need the analogues then it will be the 760,HDMI only then i guess it all boils down to the wireless feature 360 vs 560.
What does the 360 add over the 350? DTS-MA decoding the Mix audio function (secondary audio) uses DTS-MA and not the core..........the 550 did this even with full decoding available.

Last edited:
Well I don't need analogs as everything connects through hdmi. Only need 5.1 too. I do need onboard decoding though as I have to send lpcm.

Used to have a ps3 before the 550 and can't remember ever using the wireless on that.

I think I'll be sticking with the 550 unless there's any improvement PQ or SQ wise. Which I doubt there will be.

Has anyone tried the S360 yet ? any veiws on picture processing quality ? The fact it doesn't have wireless connectivity wouldn't be a problem for me.

Has anyone tried the S360 yet ? any veiws on picture processing quality ? The fact it doesn't have wireless connectivity wouldn't be a problem for me.

Hi. :)
No feedback on this forum as yet i'm afraid,there's reviews out on the player plus some comments from US owners saying it's the same as the 350 regarding PQ.
All the best.

I've got both (in London) and they are pretty much the same.

The only reason I bought the 360 was for the DTS-MA.

I've got both (in London) and they are pretty much the same.

The only reason I bought the 360 was for the DTS-MA.

Cheers lovell100 :smashin: i know Blu-ray is always near enough a given but would you consider them both the same regarding DVD as well?
Also if you don't mind me asking :) any improvements with load times at all with the 360?

I'm think there may be a slight improvement on DVD playback, but then again it might just be my mind convincing me of that!

The load times are definatly faster, and generally the player feels a little more slick. IMO it also looks cooler! Is this worth the extra £100 you are likely to pay? Not unless you need your player to be able to decode DTS-MA. I have an HTIS100 so the S350 was missing that vital decoding, never mind, now I have blu ray in the bedroom as well!!

I'm think there may be a slight improvement on DVD playback, but then again it might just be my mind convincing me of that!

The load times are definatly faster, and generally the player feels a little more slick. IMO it also looks cooler! Is this worth the extra £100 you are likely to pay? Not unless you need your player to be able to decode DTS-MA. I have an HTIS100 so the S350 was missing that vital decoding, never mind, now I have blu ray in the bedroom as well!!

Ta. :)
Would there be any chance of testing some load times between the players? load disc,use chapter skip to get into menu screen.
No worries if you can't. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom