• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony s360 blu-ray, faulty cable or something else...?

ginger prince

Standard Member
Apoligies for the initial spiel but I'd like to set the scene...I have a sony s360 blu ray, denon 1910 amp and a samsung 26" tv with an epson TW3500 projector arriving friday. So far, when watching blu rays (All 4 to date, Dark Knight, Matrix, Braveheart, Transformers 2) on the tv with pic through the amp, every 2-90 mins (variably intermittent and not always at the same point in the film) I get a <1s screen flash of solid pink. I have played with the amp settings and thought I'd fixed it by making it pass through the image but after 90mins the fault re-appeared. The problem is now that it takes so long to prove if the problem has gone that I'm hoping someone on here might have some bright ideas!! Is this indicative of a faulty HDMI, I have one good quality and one that came with the TV (there is a Mark Grant one enroute). I'm suspicious of the freebie one but can't reproduce the fault by general waggling etc of the cable. Any thoughts, guidance on problem solving stages or am I just in for the long haul!! :rolleyes:
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom