sony s350 help?

im really excited about getting this player but its such a close call between this and the bd35:rolleyes:

guys ive taken the plunge and ordered

thanks for all your help:thumbsup:

Biggest improvement for me on this player compared to PS3 is the sound via bitstream. :thumbsup:

Shame the PS3 cannot send audio via bitstream.

hi

im after a hdmi cable for the s350 anyone know the best place to get a good quality cable for reasonable price?

thankyou:)

checked that site out but i only need a metre length and its out of stock , would anyone happen to know if hdcable.co.uk is anygood ?

cheers

well hdcable.co.uk have the pro 2 range starting at 9.99 for a 1.5m , would i see a difference in loss of quality from a 1m length to a 1.5m length?

cheers

thought i would bump this thread to ask my question:)

ive just updated my s350 over the internet it now states its up to date , is my s350 now profile 2.0 ?

also recieved my hdmi cable from hdcable.co.uk today using free delievery (second class postage) , took 2 days , great service from them and a well made quality cable :thumbsup:

cheers

kingfats your the best:thumbsup:

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

Last edited:
hi

ive got my s350 connected by hdmi straight to the tv , so im just using the tv's speakers , under s350 audio settings theres a hdmi audio setting which says either auto or 2ch PCM should i have it selected to 2chPCM or leave it on auto ?

i tryed both but did not hear any difference in sound.

cheers

Usually 2ch but like you say :smashin: most of the time it makes no difference.
All the best.

if i left it on auto would it not just select the 2chPCM , seen as there is only a choice of auto and 2chPCM?

cool i'll just leave on auto , something i noticed on amazon.co.uk s350 user reviews was this, is he talking bull ?

"This was worth every penny . It up scales DVD's so your old DVD collection takes on a new life.
It is fairly easy to make it region free for blu-ray ( it is multi regional for DVD's out of the box)
you just need an all in one remote (UNC-7740) Great unit"

cool i'll just leave on auto , something i noticed on amazon.co.uk s350 user reviews was this, is he talking bull ?

"This was worth every penny . It up scales DVD's so your old DVD collection takes on a new life.
It is fairly easy to make it region free for blu-ray ( it is multi regional for DVD's out of the box)
you just need an all in one remote (UNC-7740) Great unit"

Can be hacked for region free DVD only i'm afraid.

going back to the sound questions a couple of posts above , i find that when i watch a film on the s350 i have to turn the tv's sound up fairly high compared to watching normal tv.

is this normal ?

cheers

hi again

anyone know what the length of garantee is on the s350 ? , i got it on amazon but i cant find out if its a 1 year or 2 .

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom