Sony S or V / Samsung R73/R74 and VGA connection

bradmill

Established Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the 2 Sony models KDL40S2010/KDL40V2000 as I wanted to connect my media centre which currently has only VGA out. I noticed that most posts same the v series is better than the s series, but from what I can see, the v series doesn't come with a 15-pin vga connection but the s series does?

so can someone(s) confirm

1. v series is better than the s series
2. v series does NOT come with a VGA
3. Would the Samsung R73/R74 series be better than the s series, which comes with a vga

I suppose I could buy a vga to component converter or a new graphics card with DVI out to connect to the v series, but that is more expensive and the v series is the dearer out of all 3.

Any recommendations/comments

Thank you

1. Yes
2. The models you talk about both come with VGA. It was the old V-Series that didn't.
3. No, I don't think so - less picture tweaks but give them both a look.

Hi,

thanks for the response, just been looking at prices and you can pick up the older model of KDL-V40A12U which I beleive is superceded by the v series.

Is this the old version that doesn't come with the VGA ?

Cheers

hmm decisions, decisions.

Should I buy the older model and new graphics card or the newer v series. Is the newer model worth the price difference ? In summary what are the main differences /benefits

thanks for your continued assistance

A new graphics card wouldn't really do any good.

I say buy the new one - I've not seen anything about the old version that's better.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom