Question Sony rx100 or Fuji X30 or something else?

Just bought this and have it on charge now , first thing to say the instruction are useless lol

What am i best shooting in Superior Auto or Intelligent Auto ?

Thanks

I use both if using Auto. Intelligent is supposed to assess what you are trying to shoot and be a bit smarter over choosing settings, it does actually work pretty well. But Superior is pretty good for general stuff. If shooting night or fireworks use the SCN selection and choose the appropriate mode there... lots of other useful modes as well for night shots, macro, sunsets and so on.

If in doubt ask here of course or for quicker answers ...sometimes ......just Google it.

This is a good book.... a proper manual if you like. You can Kindle it as well onto you Kindle or iPad

Photographer's Guide to the Sony DSC-RX100: Amazon.co.uk: Alexander S. White: 9781937986087: Books

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I use both if using Auto. Intelligent is supposed to assess what you are trying to shoot and be a bit smarter over choosing settings, it does actually work pretty well. But Superior is pretty good for general stuff. If shooting night or fireworks use the SCN selection and choose the appropriate mode there... lots of other useful modes as well for night shots, macro, sunsets and so on.

If in doubt ask here of course or for quicker answers ...sometimes ......just Google it.

This is a good book.... a proper manual if you like. You can Kindle it as well onto you Kindle or iPad

Photographer's Guide to the Sony DSC-RX100: Amazon.co.uk: Alexander S. White: 9781937986087: Books

Thanks mate will have a play with this once it's charged up and see how it goes thanks again for your help.

Regards.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Sorry another question did you keep all the factory setting like soft skin , quality set as fine etc?

If not what did you change?

Thanks again.

I'm still using the original RX100 - still going strong after almost 3 years of use. I keep to default settings on everything except image quality which is RAW (default is normal jpeg). iAuto is fine for snaps and tbh what the camera lives on for me. Even though the sensor is bigger than other compacts it's still comparatively small so far better in low light but you still don't get the creative control over depth of field you would have with a larger sensored camera.

£259 (with £30 rebate) and two year warranty is a great deal. I paid £484 in September 2012!!

I'm still using the original RX100 - still going strong after almost 3 years of use. I keep to default settings on everything except image quality which is RAW (default is normal jpeg). iAuto is fine for snaps and tbh what the camera lives on for me. Even though the sensor is bigger than other compacts it's still comparatively small so far better in low light but you still don't get the creative control over depth of field you would have with a larger sensored camera.

£259 (with £30 rebate) and two year warranty is a great deal. I paid £484 in September 2012!!

Thanks for your reply yeah i was going to leave it on iAuto and then just switch it to movie when recording .

Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom