1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RP44 - PS2 or PX2

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bobones, Apr 24, 2003.

1. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I see Robert Whyte are selling graded PS2s for £999 and PX2s for £1099. I am very interested in one of these RP tvs but I can't make up my mind which.

As far as I can tell the PS2 was originally a much more expensive and better built tv than the PX2 with some additional features such as DRC and the ability to use the tv speakers as a centre channel with an av amp. The PX2 is the more modern tv however, and has the bonus of twin RGB scarts and arguably better looks.

Can anyone give me their opinions on which of these 2 tvs is better value for money? The ability to use the PS2's speakers with an av amp may just swing it for me if the PX2 doesn't have this feature.

Any comments appreciated.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CRT RPTV's are highly delicate optical & electrical instruments. Just be aware of that when ordering a graded item.

3. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Am I right in believing my rights under the Sale of Goods Act are the same with "graded" items as with brand new? That is, can I reject the tv if it does not meet my satisfaction, for example, if it scratched, scuffed or doesn't perform adequately in my opinion?

As far as I know, these graded units have come straight from Sony's factory with a 12 month warranty, and if I can reject them and obtain a refund I don't see that there's much risk.

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In most cases as long as the set isn't DOA or totally messed up image it's "within tolerences"

I cannot say anything regarding Rob Whyte. I would search around on Google for consumer reports, satisfaction reports etc...also go onto the NG's.