• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sony RMT-D217P remote

Gavtech

Administrator
Sony DVD recorder doesn't respond to remote. Batteries fine in remote and it works to operate TV. Help

What machine are you trying to control... and does it have any indication on the display when you press a button?

campbep

Standard Member
Trying to control the dvd recorder. No indication on display when I press a button and I can't even turn it on or off with the remote

Gavtech

Administrator
Trying to control the dvd recorder. No indication on display when I press a button and I can't even turn it on or off with the remote

Yes - I know its a DVDR - but what model?... and are you absolutely sure that a very small number [ 1, 2 or 3, ] is not appearing at the left hand side of the display on the unit?

campbep

Standard Member
Sony RMT-D217P but think I've just solved it, command mode switch had been moved from 3 to 1. Thanks very much for your prompt reply anyway

Gavtech

Administrator
Sony RMT-D217P but think I've just solved it, command mode switch had been moved from 3 to 1. Thanks very much for your prompt reply anyway

Pleased it is sorted, but F.Y.I.that is the model number of the remote control - not of the machine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom