Sony RMF-TX611E remote control

Tried the control again with 2 fresh new batteries and works fine now.
I blame the wife for mixing older batteries in the drawer full of batteries :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Hello All,

I received mine today and paired with 77AG9. Bluetooth connection disables all buttons even the settings button.

Without bluetooth works fine except Voice doesn't work and D+ & AP buttons dont work.

Not sure what the issue is.

Hello All,

I received mine today and paired with 77AG9. Bluetooth connection disables all buttons even the settings button.

Without bluetooth works fine except Voice doesn't work and D+ & AP buttons dont work.

Not sure what the issue is.
Look on the previous page. The buttons would require a firmware update to get them to launch the correct apps.

Look on the previous page. The buttons would require a firmware update to get them to launch the correct apps.
Hi, my remote seems to be on the latest update.

Have you tried the button mapping app? When I am trying it doesn't seem to sense the code but the TV LED does blink. However the app does recognizes numeric buttons.

Hi, my remote seems to be on the latest update.

Have you tried the button mapping app? When I am trying it doesn't seem to sense the code but the TV LED does blink. However the app does recognizes numeric buttons.
Sorry, I meant the TV will need a firmware update not the remote.

That is too at the latest update.
Yes, it will need to be in a future update. There is no guarantee they will enable the buttons, but I have asked Sony support if they could pass the request on to the firmware team. They said they would.
The more people who request the Disney+ and Amazon Video buttons be enabled on older sets, the more likely it is that it will happen.

Yes, it will need to be in a future update. There is no guarantee they will enable the buttons, but I have asked Sony support if they could pass the request on to the firmware team. They said they would.
The more people who request the Disney+ and Amazon Video buttons be enabled on older sets, the more likely it is that it will happen.
Is there a way I can request them as well?

Do we know if the extra buttons work on the AG9 series? I ordered one anyway as the backlit option was most important but interested to know before it turns up whether any point wasting my time trying to get the Disney button working?

Do we know if the extra buttons work on the AG9 series? I ordered one anyway as the backlit option was most important but interested to know before it turns up whether any point wasting my time trying to get the Disney button working?
not the new tx621e model with 4 shortcut buttons, I believe if you want a fully working backlit one for the ag9 you need the tx611e model with the 2 shortcut buttons.

Interestingly following this link shows you how to map the other buttons - I tried for the Disney one and it now works correctly - How to Remap the Android TV Remote to Add Quick Shortcuts | Beebom

The odd thing is the software will only recognise both the Prime and Disney as one button so both now work Disney vs each one separately!

IGNORE ME - i see someone else has already tried and noted the same issue.

cool so it nearly works now :D
getting there.
Having to use a third party app in the background to use the buttons is not acceptable to me.
I will wait and hope they activate the Disney+ and Amazon Video buttons in a future firmware.
Anyone who wants the same, please raise a ticket with Sony Support.
The more that want this the better. :)

I don't see the issue with it myself, Android has a million and one processes running in the background anyway.

I don't see the issue with it myself, Android has a million and one processes running in the background anyway.
I would just rather it was sorted in the underlying Sony firmware than in Android.

Agreed - having just realised there are multiple button push options I have now programmed mine so hold down either Disney/Prime and you get Prime open, tap either one and you get Disney

So essentially I now have quick link options albeit not quite push the left and right to get Disney/Prime but its good enough for me

Ultimately I just wanted a backlit remote but the extra button options are handy and now they 'work' so happy enough. Having spoke to Sony this morning they also said as with others that its different software between the new TVs and the AG9 etc. and they dont see that being aligned so essentially it will never work even though I asked them to log my request. For now though its good enough.

I would just rather it was sorted in the underlying Sony firmware than in Android.
yeah I don't think Sony will ever do that tbh
they hardly ever fix real problems let alone requests like that, sorry but it's just not going to happen IMO.

yeah I don't think Sony will ever do that tbh
they hardly ever fix real problems let alone requests like that, sorry but it's just not going to happen IMO.
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, they need to start to realise the world is like this now and people can and are prepared to buy single bits of kit to enhance their experience. Especially if the bits of kit concerned are readily available.
It is two buttons on a remote that quick start two big name apps that a lot of people now use daily.
It is not rocket science or like anyone is stealing sales of the TVs that these remotes come with, so they would be foolish not to oblige in my view.
The more people that request it of them the larger it will appear on their radar.
Two chances I guess, and you never ever know.... ;):D

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, they need to start to realise the world is like this now and people can and are prepared to buy single bits of kit to enhance their experience. Especially if the bits of kit concerned are readily available.
It is two buttons on a remote that quick start two big name apps that a lot of people now use daily.
It is not rocket science or like anyone is stealing sales of the TVs that these remotes come with, so they would be foolish not to oblige in my view.
The more people that request it of them the larger it will appear on their radar.
Two chances I guess, and you never ever know.... ;):D
I know it would take them probably minutes to sort it lol, that's the frustrating part.
I hope they do but.. Sony gonna Sony.

Just came across this again...

Reports that the upgrade to Android 10 has enabled the additional buttons on the XH series....

The 77Ag9 is on v9 I think so how do we expect to upgrade it to 10 to make the remote work????

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom