Sony RM-AV3000T

dpdp

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting one of these Remote's in the near future, I was just interested in peoples comments on them.

Are they worth the cash, or is there a similarly priced remote which has more functionality.

Also does anybody know a place to get a good price on one of these.

Thanks

Sorry I have no first hand knowledge of this remote, however I own a RMav2000t, an earlier version of the 3000. It's fine & does far more of the functions you get on a componets remote, than any other learning mote I've used. (I have tried several) Unfortunatly it still can't do everything (its capacity to learn some functions seem limited) However by and large it's nicer on the setee arm than my previous aray. There are always 2nd hand ones for sale on ebay (internet auction site) & unbeatable were selling them cheap.I must add the ability to operate several componants with one key press I have found pretty useless.

I've got the US version, Sony RM-AV3000, this does not support teletext. I don't mind this as I seldom use it and I can always re-program the keys if I need to.

From what I've read, the 3000 is better at learning and has more memory.

I love it. I use it on the following:

Sony TV
Sony DVD
Panasonic Digibox
Sky+
Tivo
Panasonic DMR-e20 DVD Recorder
JVC Video

Apart from the TV and DVD I had to program all the other devices. It took no time at all and was very easy.

I paid £115 plus P&P from an ebay buy it now.

Just checked and he isn't advertising at the moment. There are some there but they are sent from the states and P&P is £25.

Hope this helps

DaveP

That site seems very cheep, but I need on for the U.K, and they do not ship internationally.

Im sorry I figured you were located in the US like most of the lucky online shoppers here, Im not in the US either so I know how hard it is to find good deals online that actually ship to your address.

Just noticed this thread.

I've had the 3000 from the Sates now for a couple of months. Only thing I had to manually program in was the analogue cable box.

It had codes for my.

Sony TV + Video (naturally)
Marantz DVD player (philips)
Denon amp.

It was dead easy to use and it worked out at about £100 all in. I bought mine from Mrniceguyonline who sells on ebay...

£130 is a great price though for the UK version...

Actually I may sell mine just so I get a warranty...hmm.

Just ordered one.....Hopefully I will get it in time for Christmas.

They are being released at the start of next week.

I have just noticed that the price has now gone upto £199.96 on that web site.

Hopefully I get it for the £130 which I ordered it for.

However I am expecting a phone call to tell me it has gone up in price, and that they are not able to give it me for that amount. We will see!!!

It's still on order, I hope that they honour the price though!!!

I will check again, but the last time I did they said it would not be availible until after Christmas.

If you can get someone in the USA to forward it on to you, and avoid customs it comes in at about £85. The bargain basement sellers in the US tend not to ship internationally, but a polite e-mail might persuade them to help you out.

OK I finally took delivery of this remote today, which is a little bit longer than expected!!!

Unbeatable changed me £196.96 + £7.99 delivery, rather than the £130.96 + £7.99 price, which was the price that I ordered it at.

So a quick phone call to them sorted it out, and they refunded me the cash, which I was not expecting.

So I managed to get the remote at the reduced price. :D

Hi

I decided to take the RISK and it was a bit of a risk i suppose and went for a guy on ebay selling "band new boxed RM-AV3100" US version of the UK model. It arrived when it was promised it was band new in retail box! Unopened! It does say NTSC version on the box but for the life of me cannot see any reason this is going to cause any problems!!

What a fantastic remote! Very programmable! Very usable! The macro's enable multi tasks from one button push! Very usefull....

And best thing it was £76 delivered!!!!

Ian

so the us versions work fine on uk products?

you can seem to pick them up for £75 all in on ebay at the mo...

got mine from a guy in the US called "GORICHBOY" off Ebay and he did everything he said he would and remote turned up brand new in retail box.....

Sony remote from GORICHBOY

Ian

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
purchased mine from Gradius70 on ebay for £64 delivered and works a treat

Panny pwd6 (added a few buttons with learn)
Philips dvdr75 (added a few buttons with learn)
Panny sky box (added all buttons with learn)
Sony STR-DB930 (had the codes already)
Skyworth Divx (added all buttons with learn)

selecting channels on sky using macros doesn't work (macro 130 produces 111333000 for some reason) but apart from that it's fantastic.

Can you program the functions of a Sky+ box into this ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom