1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RM-AV3000T and Sky Digital Your general experiences and quick question.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by stlic, Dec 22, 2004.

1. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Okay seriously think of getting one of these units as they are pretty resonable now albeit a little dated. Just wondering what your general experiences have been.

More specifically when using Sky are you able to simply press and hold on the up or down and have the channel skip through the listings similar to the way in which the original remote works? The previous universal I had was unable to do this and sent two commands to the set (so listing moved up twice) and then it would stop transmitting. To tell you the truth that remote had problems with sending double signals even if you pressed the pregrammed button once.

Anyway I'm hoping to use this remote to control initially, Philips 9308 TV, Sky, Hitachi VCR, Joytech Scart Switch and Logitech 5500 speakers. And direct experience with any of those devices would be appreciated.

I know this forum is hidden in the depths on the site and doesn't get as many views as other sections but here's hoping:)

2. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i have the av3000t and you can do the "up or down and have the channel skip through the listings similar to the way in which the original remote" it works just like the sky remote.