1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RM-AV2100T.Who has one?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Tricky, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Tricky

Tricky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello this is my first post:)
    Who has one of these?Are they any good?A lot of my stuff is Sony and the £80 price seems resonable.

Cheers

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A bit of a mixed blessing, they are good coz they can capture the commands off of my On digital remote (my old merlin couldn't) but they are bulky, and you are limited in the choice of text for each button.

I have a Sony system, and only the main features of the propper remotes are covered by this all in one. So if you have a favourite button that is a bit obscure (like changing sound fields on your amp) you could assign it to a free button, but the choice of labels will mean you will have to remember what you put there.

No grumbles with battery life, but I don't use it too much now, it is for the bedroom (IR sender to the lounge) pronto is now my main control.

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have one........i thought the same thing about the price.......before the prontos were going as cheap as they are. It is a nice remote.....but it wont learn my dvd remote, has difficulties with my pj......i wouldnt accuse it of being bad, but those things plus fixed buttons and such mentioned above mean that given the money back i would save for the pronto.

ad