Sony RHT-G800 vs DAVDZ630

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by m4tthall, Sep 9, 2007.

1. m4tthall

m4tthall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    saw the Sony RHT-G800 in a shop and it looked great and I liked the idea of not having to clutter the living room with extra wires and speakers. However, I am not sure whether the extra money is really worth it, as I don't mind having the extra speakers in the living room if it makes much difference.

I have seen some offers of DAVDZ630 to go with the Sony TV I am thinking of buying, but I am a little bit of a newbie when it comes to all this. Which of these would make more sense to me? I don't understand the difference in the sound (from the tech specs) either, is one superior to the other?

Or is there something else I should consider buying for this kind of money?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Owen007

Owen007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi m4tthall,

I am too looking at this Sony stand and after reading through hours of online reviews it looks a winner. I am looking to match it with a 37" Samsung tv connecting my Xbox360 and virgin Media cable.

I hate seeing extension blocks and loads of wires out of the back of other metal/glass units so something wooden or similar appeals to me. I see play.com are doing it cheap but currently out of stock.

Can you advise if you have brought this or have any other information we can swap. i have read a very good review on Amazon.

Cheers