• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sony RHT-G800 Stand noisy fan

JinJin

Standard Member
Hi All

hoping I've posted it the best place!

I've recently purchased a RHT-G800 surround sound stand and set it up this morning.

I've noticed that the fan on the stand is or seems to be making excessive noise (buzzing type sound). This noise is noticeable even with the volume at a 'normal' level.

I was wondering if there are any other owners and if they've experienced anything similar? the fan seems to kick in even when first switching the stand on.

are my ears being too fussy?

I've raised the fault with Amazon in case it does need replacing but with the stand weighing in at 66kg and me living in a second floor flat, the idea of getting it up and down the stairs to find that the noise is the same.. is a bit :rolleyes:

any help is most welcome :D

L

Leeg180

Hi, I've had the stand for 6 months now and not noticed the fan at all, it does start up when the unit is turned on but then goes off.

I'd ask for a replacement, hope this helps.

Cheers

JinJin

Standard Member
thanks for the reply! Had another listen to the fan and its definitely noisy, can hear it over the TV volume from the stand.

Amazon have got me a replacement on the way so I hope thats better!

JinJin

Standard Member
Got my replacement stand today and its great... I can't hear a thing! well about from the gorgeous sound from the speakers! :clap:

The fans nice and quiet now so I'll get the faulty one picked up by Amazon. Just waiting for them to confirm that the courier company they are sending to pick up the stand (Parcelforce) will take the stand from my second floor flat. I'm expecting the answer to be yes, but just a bit annoyed that they delivered through Home Delivery Network and a 2 man crew.. hope Parcelforce provide the same service!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom