sony RHD-HXD860 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chrishull3, Jun 8, 2009.

1. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    My sony RDR-HXD860 will no longer record on the hard drive,a sign dirty hd heads shows on the screen and C13 on the display plus contact your nearest sony dealer,
    Has anyone experienced this, the machine has not done that many hours of recording but i wonder if a repair is cost worthy and if any repair shop can do this kind of thing.
    grateful for any help

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,019
    I've not heard of this error message before... but if it is accurate, there is nothing that can be done, other than replacement of the hard drive.

It is an operation you might wish to consider doing yourself, in which case see the thread from the top of this forum.

Here's a link.

3. dovercat

dovercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you do it yourself, I would first just replace the Hard Drive cable, if it is like mine it is a SATA cable, this was all that was wrong with my Sony RDR-HX525 Hard Drive/DVD recorder when it kept coming up with Hard Drive errors.

4. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,019
    It would certainly be a good cheap first step to try... albeit I don't know if the 860 is in the same group of machines that suffered from the SATA lead problem.

Can you recall: did your machine ever get the particular error message described by the OP?

5. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Thanks for the replies, i am not the best person for repairing electrical goods but it sounds as if repair shops could handle it,i suppose i could use it for now with RW discs, i have only ever used -Rs for stuff i want to keep can RWs be reformatted and used again with no problems.