Sony refurbished TVs ?

Countryside

Established Member
Reaction score
I see the Sony centre online has a refurbished tv section they have a 1 year guarantee unlike the new ones they give a 5 year guarantee are the refurbished TVs a good buy are they well made and built to last ?

Big thread here on it:

I bought my 65" xh90 last year for £750 with 1 year warranty - no issues with it really from that side of things.

You can purchase an extended guarantee for refurbs bought from the Sony Centre.

The cost is dependent upon the price of the TV and how long the warranty you want is. It can be negotiated on as well.

This is my Sony A90J 83" which I installed today, purchased last Friday and delivered to me on Tuesday.

I paid £3399 + £100 for the extra 4 yr warranty to make it a full 5 years. The box it came in was lightly damaged on one corner but the tv was undamaged and everything inside the box looked as new.

Only 1 small issue there was no batteries for the remote but I can forgive them for that as this tv if buying new is £4999 so £1500 less buys an awful lot of batteries :D

For scale the other tv is my 65" Panny OLED. Forgive the quality of the pics the actual image quality of this set is stunning.

Attachments

• a90j pic 1.jpg
    a90j pic 1.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 101
  • Panny tv on stand.png
    Panny tv on stand.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
@kbfern nice setup, changing topic quickly are those monoprice atmos speakers, and if so how are they?

edit - just read your sig duh.

but how are they remains!

How are the remains? not sure what you mean.

The speakers are the Monoprice 365T left and right with the centre being the 365C I also have the 265B as surrounds. All except the centre have the Atmos upfiring speakers. I only have the front L&R atmos connected up at present but they work effectively as atmos. Not as good as a ceiling mounted speaker but not bad.

This is my Sony A90J 83" which I installed today
You've got all that kit smothering a radiator and the TV above it?

I see the Sony centre online has a refurbished tv section they have a 1 year guarantee unlike the new ones they give a 5 year guarantee are the refurbished TVs a good buy are they well made and built to last ?

They use to sell an extra 4 year warranty for around £100. Definitely worth getting. If you see a model you want don't wait as they sell very quickly. I've had a refurbished Sony television in the past and it was like a new television.

You've got all that kit smothering a radiator and the TV above it?
No issue mate gap between the rad and the tv is nearly 2ft so everything remains pretty cool along with fans on top of the avr.

No issue mate gap between the rad and the tv is nearly 2ft so everything remains pretty cool along with fans on top of the avr.
The size of the screen covers the width of the radiator and heat rises. Looks like your screens going to be on a slow cooker sat there. Not advisable but each to their own.

Well the last tv (65" OLED) was there for 2 yrs with 10k hrs clocked up in the same spot and still working perfectly so I am not expecting any problems.

Well the last tv (65" OLED) was there for 2 yrs with 10k hrs clocked up in the same spot and still working perfectly so I am not expecting any problems.
The 83" covers everything over and above the radiator whereas the 65" didn't. You will no doubt get a plume of hot air build up behind that. In any case best of luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom