1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Receiver optical problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ep1p, Apr 8, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ep1p

ep1p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've got a Sony DE-545 receiver with both optical and coaxial digital inputs. I used to use the optical input on the device from the soundcard on my PC, but one day it decided not to work. It comes up with a message "unlocked" when you try and force it to use the optical input. I've tried both optical input ports, and neither seem to work now.

Tried swapping optical cable, which made no difference. Also swapped the device outputting the optical signal (to a Toshiba DVD player) and this seemed to work partially for a while (I got it to lock onto one channel from the output briefly, but it couldn't maintain it and I can't repeat it). I've also tried a coaxial cable but this doesn't seem to make work either. Analogue input seems to work fine, although optical gives better sound quality. My theory is the digital input stuff in the receiver is screwed. Anyone else have experience of this problem and know whether its worth getting fixed, or just getting a new receiver??

Cheers,

john